When on the hunt for the perfect sofa, a few things reign supreme: style, comfort and size are some of the biggest considerations for most shoppers. But there’s one thing that many people overlook when hunting down a sofa that meets every need, and that’s functionality. If you’re looking for a piece that’s as versatile and user-friendly as it is good-looking and cozy, then there’s one obvious choice–the slipcovered sofa!
What is a Slipcovered Sofa?
A slipcovered sofa or couch comes with a removable, protective fitted cover made of cloth or fabric designed to protect the underlying upholstery of the sofa. Slipcovers are available in a variety of colors and fabric options and can be removed for easy cleaning.
These adaptable pieces prioritize convenience and ease, ensuring that you get the most out of your long-term furniture investment. Here are a few reasons why slipcovered sofas are always a smart, stylish choice.
- It’s Easier to Clean—The number one benefit of a slipcovered sofa versus an upholstered sofa is that it’s, by and large, easier to clean. That’s because you can simply unzip the cover and toss it in the washer anytime it appears dingy or when there’s been an accidental spill. For this reason, we always recommend slipcovered styles for people who love the look of a crisp, white sofa but worry about maintaining a clean and fresh look, even in homes with kids and pets.
- It’s Easy to Swap Out—Naturally, the ability to change your furniture at your whim is a major benefit of the slipcovered sofa. You can swap out the color and fabric of your seating at any given time with this kind of couch, making adjustments for seasons, holidays and even mood. Obviously, buying a new slipcover is always a more affordable option than buying a brand-new upholstered sofa, so you can prioritize quality construction knowing you’ll get even more time out of your initial purchase.
It’s Simple to Replace—Similarly, slipcovered couches are a better choice for high-traffic homes, where the occasional spill, rip or tear is inevitable. With a slipcovered sofa, if something goes awry and you’re left with permanent damage, you can simply replace the cover rather than enlisting the help of a professional upholsterer or buying a whole new piece altogether. Overall, slipcovered styles wind up being more cost-effective over time.
- It’s an Elegant Option—If you think of slipcovered sofas as the awkward, ill-fitted pieces of the past, take a gander through today’s slipcovered sofa options to see how amazingly chic, elegant and classic these sofas can be. Today, you can find high-end, designer sofas with slipcovers that suit your specific design vision, whether it’s ultra-modern—just take a look at our Liza I Slipcovered Sofa to see what we mean—or uncompromisingly formal. There’s a slipcovered style made to meet your unique design goals! You can even partner your stylish slipcovered sofa with a matching slipcovered club chair.
- It’s a Safer Bet—When you buy a piece of furniture, especially if you opt for a custom or made-to-order piece over something off-the-floor, you always run the risk of it simply not looking right in your space. With a slipcovered sofa, there’s significantly less risk. If the color, texture or pattern is off, simply replace it for something that’s better suited to your design scheme.
- It May be More Affordable—Last, but definitely not least, slipcovered sofas are often more affordable for a variety of reasons. Because they eliminate the need for more intensive upholstery and custom fabrics, they can be purchased in “quick-ship” styles that may be more affordable. You’ll also find that these kinds of couches will require less of an investment in professional cleaning over the years. Be sure to pick a sofa from a company with free in-home delivery to save even more!
Is a Slipcovered Sofa the Best Choice?
If your goal is to invest in a piece of furniture that maintains its beauty, adaptability and charm for many years to come, then a slipcovered sofa from Club Furniture is certainly a smart option. Ours are American-made with fine-quality materials and come with our exclusive 30-day home trial, which ensures that you’re always 100 percent satisfied with your purchase when you shop with us. In short, there’s nothing to lose with our stylish, affordable slipcovered sofas!