Furniture Buying And Care Guides
Furniture Buying Guides And Tips
- Best Ways to Use Accent Chairs in Your Space
- Choosing the Right Dining Room Furniture
- Childrens Furniture Buying Guide
- Quick and Easy Decorating Tips for Children's Rooms
- How to Choose the Best Entertainment Center
- Choose the Right Outdoor Furniture for your Taste
- Using Trunks and Chest for Creative Home Storage
- How to Decorate with Mirrors
- Slipcovered Sofas and Chairs
- Choosing the Right Lamp to Match Your Style
- Bedroom Furniture Buying Guide
- 3 Questions To Ask Before Buying Furniture Online
- Guide For Setting Up A Perfect Media Room
- How To Make A Strong Statement In Your Living Room
- Kitchen Cabinets, Replacing Versus Re-painting
- How To Choose The Correct Bar Or Counter Stool Height
- How To Accessorize Your Coffee Table
Cleaning and Care Guides
- How to Clean Your Leather Furniture
- How to Keep Your New Wood Furniture Beautiful
- How to Clean and Maintain Your Upholstered Bed
- How to Clean Your Fabric Sofas
- Clean and Maintain your Resin Outdoor Furniture
- How To Correctly Store Outdoor Furniture In Winter
- How To Fix Dents In Your Wood Furniture And Wood Floors
Determining Your Space Guides
- How to Measure Your Room for a Sectional Sofa
- How to Arrange Furniture to Fit a Small Living Room
- The Best Accessories for Your Space
Determine Your Space
Know the dimensions of your room so you can purchase furniture that’s the correct size for your space. If space is limited, which piece of furniture is absolutely essential, and which piece of furniture could you possibly live without? Have you considered furniture that serves a dual purpose? If your room is large, will the furniture you want look too small and scattered?
Determine the Primary Use for Your Furniture
Are you redecorating a home office that will occasionally be used as a guest room, or are you purchasing furniture for a living room that gets used every day? Should the furniture be stain-resistant or extra-plush? Will you need a sleeper sofa? Be sure to know the primary use for your furniture before purchasing it.
Determine the Fabric and Color
Your furniture should reflect your wants and needs in both fabric and color. Stronger, darker colored fabrics are best for rooms that see a lot of traffic or where eating takes place. Lighter colors are best in rooms with less usage. Always choose a color and fabric that makes you feel comfortable and happy. Never choose a color palette you aren’t particularly fond of just because it’s in style.
Determine Your Budget
Don’t purchase furniture you can’t afford. Decide ahead of time how much money you’re willing to spend and stick with it, and then take the time to ensure you’re purchasing the best furniture for your budget by following the guidelines above.
Furniture Care Guide
Your furniture’s beauty and longevity depend on proper care. Keep your investments looking their absolute best with these quick tips.
- Use coasters for beverages and glasses.
- Polish wood furniture on a weekly basis with a soft, lint-free cloth, and use polish that doesn’t have high alcohol content.
- Keep newspapers and magazines away from wood furniture as the ink from these items can damage wood.
- Always wipe up spills immediately.
- Use an ice cube to remove hard or sticky substances like candle wax or gum.
- Apply a fabric protector for added resistance to spills.
- Keep upholstered pieces out of direct sunlight to prevent fading.
- Vacuum weekly with a brush attachment to remove dust and small particles.
- Blot any spills as quickly as possible with a soft cloth. Don’t rub.
- Test any cleaning product on an inconspicuous area first, and only use cleaning products approved for use on upholstery.
American Made Quality
“This is the fourth sofa I have ordered from Club Furniture. I'm always impressed by the quality, price and incredible customer service. ”
- B. Allen, CA
“My new couch is everything I expected plus more. I had shopped Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, etc and they wanted triple the price of Club Furniture. The quality is outstanding and I just love the upholstery. Every single person that sits on it says it is so comfortable. ”
- R. Moore, TX
“This is my second time purchasing - I am a designer and love the product selection! The prices are good and the customer service great! ”
- C. Shaw, CT